A full body wellness massage has a profound healing nature which amongst many other benefits, also has the ability to encourage and help the mind, body and spirit to harmonise itself back into balance. It really is a great way to let go and reconnect with yourself.
At Te Manawa Massage Therapy, a full body wellness massage is not a pamper session, nor does it have a set sequence. It is a style of treatment that is tailored to each individual, and will be a blend of various techniques and focus areas. I would describe it more as a therapeutic experience.
I usually recommend this style of massage for clients that are experiencing one or more of the following:
- high levels of stress
- grief and/or trauma
- depression and/or anxiety
- feeling low in energy/feeling drained
- not sleeping well
- conditions with poor circulation
- feeling like they just need to relax and unwind
- busy and hectic lifestyle
- looking after someone who is sick or terminally ill
- been receiving a lot of focused deep tissue treatment on an injury or area of chronic pain, and need a treatment to bring awareness back to the whole body
- those that are well and are looking to maintain optimum health
Quite simply, I’m a big fan of this style of massage when done well. Although I receive regular deep tissue therapeutic focussed style massages to keep me in good health and working order, quite often I’ll opt for a full body wellness style when I feel the need to rebalance and let go.